Indiana STEM Education: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Posted: Wed, 12/12/2012 - 1:19pm Updated: Fri, 02/22/2013 - 2:57pm
In 2012, the department began the development of a statewide STEM education plan. The tools and resources below have been developed to ensure schools can successfully implement a STEM education plan at the local level.
Timline: School Year Prior to STEM Implementation
Timeline: Year 1 of Implementation
STEM Implementation Tools
- Indiana's Framework for STEM Education: The current state of STEM education in Indiana and the urgent need for schools to embrace STEM education.
- STEM Needs Assessment: Schools can assess their current state of STEM before implementation begins.
- STEM Implementation Rubric: Schools can use this rubric to further assess where they are in the implementation process.
- STEM Immersion Matrix: Schools can choose the level of STEM Immersion by using the matrix to identify key implementation strategies.
- Indiana STEM Resource Network: The I-STEM Resource Network is a partnership of Indiana's public and private higher education institutions, K-12 schools, businesses, and government. It is dedicated to measurably improving K-12 student achievement in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Portal Resources for Indiana Science and Mathematics (PRISM): PRISM is a free website that provides collections of online resources for Indiana educators in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- TechPoint Foundation for Youth: TechPoint Foundation for Youth is a nonprofit venture philanthropic organization with the mission to inspire the next generation of science, technology, engineering and mathematic (STEM) leaders among Indiana's underserved youth populations.