INDIANA MATH SUMMITS 2013:
The summit is an open dialogue on these math topics: standards, assessment, instruction delivery system, & earning credits.
Indiana's Common Core Standards
To learn more about Indiana's Common Core Standards and Indiana's plans for implementing those standards, please visit our Resource page for Implementing Indiana's Common Core.
Curriculum and Instruction Information on the Learning Connection
For additional information and resources related to Curriculum and Instruction, join the IDOE - Curriculum and Instruction Community on the Learning Connection.
- Log in to the Learning Connection
- Click on Find a Community
- Type in "IDOE - Curriculum and Instruction"
- Click on Join Community
Content Area Pages
- Arts Education
- Career and Technical Education
- Economics Education
- Early Childhood Education
- English/Language Arts
- Health & Wellness, Physical Education
- Social Studies
- World Languages and International Education
Resources for the RISE Evaluation Model
The Office of College and Career Readiness has developed three modules that provide teachers guidance on the implementation of RISE.
- Module 1: RISE Overview and Teacher Effectiveness Rubric. This module provides an overview of the components of the RISE Evaluation Model as well as specific information about the Teacher Effectiveness Rubric. In addition, two guidance documents are included for teacher support of these RISE components.
- Module 2: Student Learning Objectives and Individual Growth Model. This module provides essential information around the Student Learning Objectives (SLO) and Individual Growth Model components of RISE. Supporting teacher documents include a Quick Reference Guide for SLOs as well as a timeline for development and evaluations of SLOs.
- Module 3: A-F School Accountability in RISE. Teacher documents include a Quick Reference Guide for A-F School Accountability, which describes the RISE pie chart and categories to help teachers determine the weight of each RISE component that affects their overall teacher effectiveness rating.
To support these modules, five documents are provided below that further explain the RISE Evaluation Model.
Curriculum Requirements Effective 2011-12
The Indiana State Board of Education approved new curriculum requirements, effective for the 2011-12 school year, that add increased flexibility to school corporations. The new requirements affect General Curriculum Principles, Elementary Curriculum, Middle-Level Curriuculum and High School Curriculum.
- Approved Course Titles and Descriptions
- Diploma Requirements
- Full Day Kindergarten
- Green Ribbon Schools Award
- Indiana Elementary Reading Plan
- Math and Science Partnership (MSP) Program
- Office of Student Assessment
|Baker, Heather||Elementary Math Specialistemail@example.com||(317) 232-9158|
|Blomberg, Bruce||Social Studies Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org||(317) 232-9078|
|Cooprider, Carlotta||State Coordinator PARCCemail@example.com||(317) 232-9157|
|Eltz, Jeremy||Science, Health Science and Health & Wellness Program Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org||(317) 232-9172|
|Ferry, Laurie||K-12 Math Specialistemail@example.com||(317) 232-9114|
|Johns, Julia||Alternative Education Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org||(317) 233-4936|
|Jones, Dana||Early Learning Specialistemail@example.com||(317) 234-6523|
|Lyday, Jill||Literacy Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org||(317) 232-0867|
|Sutton, Sarah||English Language Arts/Literacy Specialistemail@example.com||(317) 232-9175|
|Wolf, John||Literacy Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org||(317) 234-6702|