Professional Science Organizations
Posted: Wed, 09/28/2011 - 8:39am Updated: Fri, 02/22/2013 - 2:55pm
Various organizations around the state and country provide support to teachers of science. The organizations provide resources, advocacy, and research in the field.
As Indiana's affiliate association to the National Science Teachers Association, HASTI holds an annual conference and produces two publications, Sci-ed-ogram and the Hoosier Science Teacher.
The Indiana Academy of Science is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote scientific research and to encourage communication between Indiana scientists and others conducting research pertaining to Indiana.
IMSTEA is a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to improving the mathematics, science and technology literacy and competency of all Hoosiers. They currently co-sponsor, with Vincennes University, the Super Mileage Challenge, and integrated curriculum project featuring high mileage cars built by Indiana high school students.
EEAI works cooperatively to promote the opportunities that will educate, motivate, and inspire the citizens of Indiana to conserve natural resources and meet the needs of our society while maintaining a healthy environment now and in the future.
- National Science Teachers Association
- National Association of Biology Teachers
- American Chemical Society Education
- American Assocation of Physics Teachers
- American Geological Institute
- American Physical Society
- National Association for Research in Science Technology
- School Science and Math Association
- American Association for the Advancement of Science