Reading and Literacy Frameworks
Posted: Mon, 10/10/2011 - 5:04pm Updated: Fri, 05/03/2013 - 1:56pm
To support high-quality literacy instruction, the Indiana Department of Education has developed literacy frameworks. The literacy frameworks utilize scientifically-based research and provide guidance to parents and educators on the development of literacy in children and adolescents.
Indiana Birth - Age Five Literacy Framework
The Indiana Birth - Age Five Literacy Framework is designed to guide the development of a comprehensive literacy learning plan for all those who work with children at the beginning stages of literacy learning. The foundation of this framework is scientifically-based research that informs literacy instruction and integration into all areas of learning and daily routines.
- IN Birth - Age Five Literacy Framework: Preface
- IN Birth - Age Five Literacy Framework: Goals
- IN Birth - Age Five Literacy Framework: Instruction
- IN Birth - Age Five Literacy Framework: Assessment
- IN Birth - Age Five Literacy Framework: Professional Development
- IN Birth - Age Five Literacy Framework: Leadership
- IN Birth - Age Five Literacy Framework: Commitment
Indiana K-6 Reading Framework
The Indiana K-6 Reading Framework is designed to create a cohesive, statewide reading plan aimed at helping all students achieve proficiency in reading. Built upon scientifically-based reading research, the framework summarizes the knowledge and beliefs that should inform reading practices and organize efforts at all levels.
- IN K-6 Reading Framework: Preface
- IN K-6 Reading Framework: Goals
- IN K-6 Reading Framework: Instruction
- IN K-6 Reading Framework: Assessment
- IN K-6 Reading Framework: Professional Development
- IN K-6 Reading Framework: Leadership
- IN K-6 Reading Framework: Commitment
- IN K-6 Writing Framework
Indiana Secondary Literacy Framework
The Indiana Secondary Literacy Framework is designed to support all secondary teachers in helping students achieve proficiency in literacy. Aligned to the Indiana Common Core standards (INCC), the framework provides effective practices and strategies for building a strong disciplinary literacy program at the middle school and high school levels.