Resources for Implementing Indiana's Common Core Standards
Posted: Mon, 08/29/2011 - 10:22am Updated: Mon, 05/13/2013 - 3:59pm
On August 3, 2010, the Indiana State Board of Education unanimously voted to adopt the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for Mathematics and English/Language Arts (E/LA). Following adoption, the CCSS became known as Indiana’s Common Core Standards (INCC). Indiana's Common Core Standards provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them. The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world, reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers.
- Indiana's Common Core Standards for Mathematics
- Indiana's Common Core Standards for English/Language Arts and Literacy
Learn More about Indiana's Common Core Standards (INCC)
Below are teacher resource toolbox for implementing Indiana's Common Core. Each INCC Toolbox includes: standards documents, transition documents and professional resources.
- Kindergarten INCC Math Toolbox
- Grade 1 INCC Math Toolbox
- Grade 2 INCC Math Toolbox
- Grade 3 INCC Math Toolbox
- Grade 4 INCC Math Toolbox
- Grade 5 INCC Math Toolbox
- Grade 6 INCC Math Toolbox
- Grade 7 INCC Math Toolbox
- Grade 8 INCC Math Toolbox
- Algebra I INCC Toolbox
- Geometry INCC Toolbox
- Algebra II INCC Toolbox
- Advanced Analysis and Modeling INCC Toolbox
- Finite Math INCC Toolbox Toolbox
- Pre-calculus/Trigonometry INCC Toolbox
INCC Professional Development Resources
- Professional Development Modules from Student Achievement Partners: These modules are intended for use by educators: in the delivery of professional development, in professional learning communities, or for individual learning. The modules contain ready-to-use toolkits for delivering professional development for the Common Core. Modules contains: Facilitator's Guide to delivering module PowerPoint Presentation Hands-on activities, including handouts Videos, web resources, and other materials.
- Common Core Lesson from LearnZillion: Teacher created, digital lessons for K-12 Math and ELA designed around the Common Core Standards. The lessons can be used during instruction, to support teacher’s understanding of the Common Core Standards, and provide online support to students.
- Professional Development Resources from EduCore: Current, relevant, evidence-based tools and professional development for ELA and Mathematics , to smooth your transition into a new era of teaching and learning.
- INCC Mathematics Professional Development Model: Guidance for school leaders designing professional development for K-12 math teachers. This documents outlines, by grade level, specific content and recommended time allocation for each aspect of the transition to INCC.
Resources for Parents
- The National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) has developed guides for helping parents to understand the learning expectations at each grade level for INCC. The Parents' Guide to Student Success are available for mathematics and language arts and are provided in both English and Spanish.
- The Council of the Great City Schools has developed parent roadmaps in English language arts/literacy and in mathematics provide guidance to parents about what their children will be learning and how they can support that learning in grades K-8. These Parent Roadmaps provide three-year snapshots showing how selected standards progress from year to year so that students will be college and career ready upon their graduation from high school.