Indicator 3 - Assessment
Posted: Mon, 02/27/2012 - 2:32pm Updated: Mon, 02/25/2013 - 2:50pm
Indicator 3 is a Performance Indicator.
Participation and performance of children with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) on statewide assessments:
A. Percent of the districts with a disability subgroup that meets the State’s minimum “n” size* that meet the State’s Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) targets for the disability subgroup.
B. Participation rate for children with IEPs.
C. Proficiency rate for children with IEPs against grade level, modified and alternate academic achievement standards.
(20 U.S.C. 1416 (a)(3)(A))
*the minimum "n" size is 30
A. AYP percent = [(# of districts with a disability subgroup that meets the State’s minimum “n” size that meet the State’s AYP targets for the disability subgroup) divided by the (total # of districts that have a disability subgroup that meets the State’s minimum “n” size*)] times 100.
B. Participation rate percent = [(# of children with IEPs participating in the assessment) divided by the (total # of children with IEPs enrolled during the testing window, calculated separately for reading and math)]. The participation rate is based on all children with IEPs, including both children with IEPs enrolled for a full academic year and those not enrolled for a full academic year.
C. Proficiency rate percent = [(# of children with IEPs enrolled for a full academic year scoring at or above proficient) divided by the (total # of children with IEPs enrolled for a full academic year, calculated separately for reading and math)].
*the minimum "n" size is 30
- Data: Collected through results from ISTEP+ and IMAST assessments in the spring. Data is submitted to the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) via 618 Table 6 in December.
- Findings of Noncompliance: Not issued for this Indicator.
Information and Guidance
- Accommodations Resource Guide and Toolkit
- Indicator 3 in the FFY 2010 APR (Part B Annual Performance Report): Details about Indiana's statewide results
- Information and data related to Adequate Yearly Progress is available through the Office of Accountability.
- Information related to the ISTEP+ (Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress Plus), the IMAST (Indiana Modified Achievement Standards Test), and the ISTAR (Indiana Standards Tool for Alternate Reporting) as well as other assessments are availble through the Office of Student Assessment. These pages provide Case Conference Committee guidance, documents outlineing the criteria for determining a student's participation in IMAST or ISTAR as well as other information on each Assessment.
- Test result data reports by School and Corporation are available through the IDOE Office of Data Collection and Reporting.
Indiana Resource Network
The following Resource Centers provide assistance and information with areas that affect Indicator 3:
- The HANDS in Autism Resource Center
- The Indiana Center for Assessment and Instruction (ICAI)
- The PATINS Project
- ISTEP+/End of Course Assessments: Computer-Based or Paper-Pencil Mode? – This document assists educations in deciding whether a student should be taking the computer-based ISTEP+/End of Course Assessments or if there should be a request submitted to allow a student to take the state assessment in a paper-pencil format.