Indicators 16, 17, 18 and 19
Posted: Tue, 02/28/2012 - 12:05pm Updated: Fri, 02/22/2013 - 2:42pm
Indicators 16 and 17 are Compliance Indicators; Indicators 18 and 19 are Performance Indicators.
Indicator 16: Percent of signed written complaints with reports issued that were resolved within 60-day timeline or a timeline extended for exceptional circumstances with respect to a particular complaint, or because the parent (or individual or organization) and the public agency agree to extend the time to engage in mediation or other alternative means of dispute resolution, if available in the State. (20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(B))
Indicator 17: Percent of adjudicated due process hearing requests that were adjudicated within the 45-day timeline that is properly extended by the hearing officer at the request of either party or in the case of an expedited hearing, within the required timelines.(20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(B))
Indicator 18: Percent of hearing requests that went to resolution sessions that were resolved through resolution session settlement agreements. (20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(B))
Indicator 19: Percent of mediations held that resulted in mediation agreements. (20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(B))
Indicator 16: Percent = [Reports within timeline + Reports within extended timelines ÷ Complaints with reports issued] x 100
Indicator 17: Percent = [(Decisions within timelines + Decisions within extended timelines) ÷ Fully Adjudicated Hearings)] x 100
Indicator 18: Percent = (Settlement Agreements ÷ Resolution Sessions) x 100
Indicator 19: Percent = [Mediations related to due process that resulted in complete agreement + Mediations not related to due process that resulted in complete agreement ÷ Total number of mediations held] x 100
- Data: The data for these Indicators is collected by the Office of Legal Affairs and is submitted to the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) via 618 Table 7 in November.
Information and Guidance
- Indicators 16, 17, 18, and 19 in the FFY 2010 APR (Part B Annual Performance Report): Details about Indiana's statewide results
- Indicators 16 and 17 affect Local Determination scores if noncompliance is not corrected. Please see Indicator 15 for more information.
- Information on Special Education Due Process is available through the Office of Legal Affairs. There you can access information for filing a Complaint, requesting and participating in Mediation, and requesting a Due Process Hearing.
Indiana Resource Network
The following Resource Centers provide assistance and information with areas that affect Indicators 16, 17, 18, and 19:
- IN*SOURCE - The Indiana Resource Center for Families with Special Needs
- IndianaIEP Resource Center
- HANDS (Helping Answer Needs by Developing Specialists) in Autism Resource Center also provides the following resources for Indicators 16-19: Legal Resources: a list of legal and special education resources