Imagining and Creating eLearning Grant 2013
Posted: Wed, 02/20/2013 - 11:24am Updated: Wed, 03/27/2013 - 12:09pm
In acknowledging the strides that Indiana schools have made in providing ubiquitous access to devices, the Office of eLearning has proclaimed 2013 to be The Year of the Digital Learner. We believe that this connected landscape has opened doors of possibility for schools and for students; thresholds that must be crossed to bring them into the digital world. In partnership with Indiana’s eLearning Leadership Cadre, we have identified three strategic areas of focus to move Indiana schools forward, taking advantage of the possibilities afforded by student access to technology:
- Digital Content – Create and curate rigorous, standards-aligned, content that will allow learning that is liberated from the textbook.
- Flexible Scheduling – Imagine and implement schedules for a student’s day or week that leverage digital work to break the traditional mold.
- Customized Learning – Commit to a system of instruction that is student-paced and focused on mastery of content and skills.
We are looking for districts that are actively engaging in imagining and creating new learning experiences for students, particularly in these areas. We invite you to propose your ideas for new, creative, strategic, and replicable ideas in one of these categories. From these applications, a number of districts will be selected to pitch their proposal for funds to continue their pioneering work of supporting our digital learners. Grant awarded districts will not only receive funding, but will join other grant winners in their topic area to form a small consortium working together to move this work forward. Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate their commitment to:
- 1:1 infrastructure and integration
- Leadership support for eLearning
- Research and professional learning
- Implement a new model for learning; document the process
- Devote district resources beyond the grant
Grant questions and answers are posted at:
UPDATE 3/27: The grant scoring process is complete and district notification will begin later today.