Vision and Purpose
Formative assessments and the use of their data to guide classroom instruction at the individual student level result in increased academic success. Indiana’s Formative Assessment Grant provides funding to schools for formative assessment programs, tools, and professional development in order to increase data-driven instructional practices and enrich learning for all students.
All Indiana public school corporations, charter schools, and accredited nonpublic schools (including choice schools) are eligible to apply for this grant. Assessment programs and tools are targeted for students in grades K through 10.
Allowable Uses of Funds
- Approved English/Language Arts and/or Math formative assessment programs
- Professional development to assist staff with formative assessment implementation and use of assessment data
- Diagnostic analysis of student performance
- Student performance reports and analysis for teachers and parents
- Differentiated learning tools for educators, students, and parents that support areas of instructional need
2016-17 Information for Schools
- 2016-17 Formative Assessment Grant FAQs
- 2016-17 Formative Assessment Grant Fiscal FAQs and Final Reporting
2017-18 Information for Schools
- Formative Assessment Grant Online Portal
- Approved Formative Assessment Program List – Coming Soon!
- Timeline of Important Dates
- Formative Assessment Grant Overview
- Professional Development Opportunities – Coming Soon!
2017-18 Information for Assessment Program Vendors
- Formative Assessment Program Approval Process
- Formative Assessment Program Criteria
- Formative Assessment Program Rubric
Office of Student Assessment