The purpose of the Indiana Reading Evaluation And Determination (IREAD-3) assessment is to measure foundational reading standards through grade three. Based on the Indiana Academic Standards, IREAD-3 is a summative assessment that was developed in accordance with House Enrolled Act 1367 (also known as Public Law 109 in 2010), which "requires the evaluation of reading skills for students who are in grade three beginning in the Spring of 2012 to ensure that all students can read proficiently before moving on to grade four."
The purpose of the test blueprint, designed with the help of Indiana classroom teachers, is to make transparent to educators the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of students on the assessment.
The blueprint can be used as a tool to:
- Align expectations regarding mastery of the standards;
- Identify the degree of emphasis of curricular components;
- Assist and guide the prioritizing of curriculum and instructional planning; and
- Enhance classroom assessment.
Click HERE to review the updated IREAD-3 Blueprint.
The Item Sampler provides information about IREAD-3 for students, parents, educators, and others. The items in this sampler are examples of the types of items that may appear on IREAD-3. These examples can serve as models when teachers are constructing items for classroom assessment. It should be noted that the sampler is not a practice test. Click HERE to review the IREAD-3 Item Sampler.
- Accommodations Resource Guide and Toolkit
- Guide to Test Interpretation 2013
- ISTEP+ and IREAD-3
- IREAD-3 Cut Score Performance Level Descriptors
- IREAD-3 Fact Sheet
- IREAD-3 Frequently Asked Questions (October 2013)
- IREAD-3 Parent Guidance
- IREAD-3 Parent Letter
- IREAD-3 Participation & Good Cause Exemption Eligibility
- Students Who Do Not Pass IREAD-3
- Spring IREAD-3 Results Have Arrived – Next Steps
- Summer IREAD-3 Results Have Arrived – Next Steps
- Use of Highlighters
- IREAD-3 Information for Media, Educators
- Corporation and School Results (Public)
- Corporation and School Results (Non-Public)
- Corporation and School Results by Demographics (Public & Non-Public)
- State Summary Results by Demographics
English/Language Arts Assessment Specialist
Telephone: (317) 232-9050
Toll Free: (888) 544-7837