The purpose of the Indiana Reading Evaluation And Determination (IREAD-3) assessment is to measure foundational reading standards through grade three. Based on the Indiana Academic Standards, IREAD-3 is a summative assessment that was developed in accordance with House Enrolled Act 1367 (also known as Public Law 109 in 2010).
The purpose of the test blueprint, designed with the help of Indiana classroom teachers, is to make transparent to educators the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of students on the assessment.
The blueprint can be used as a tool to:
- Align expectations regarding mastery of the standards;
- Identify the degree of emphasis of curricular components;
- Assist and guide the prioritizing of curriculum and instructional planning; and
- Enhance classroom assessment.
The Item Sampler provides information about IREAD-3 for students, parents, educators, and others. The items in this sampler are examples of the types of items that may appear on IREAD-3. These examples can serve as models when teachers are constructing items for classroom assessment. It should be noted that the sampler is not a practice test.
- IREAD-3 Frequently Asked Questions
- ISTEP+ and IREAD-3
- IREAD-3 Cut Score and Performance Level Descriptors
- IREAD-3 and Instructional Flexibility
- IREAD-3 Results Timeline
Telephone: (317) 232-9050
Toll Free: (888) 544-7837