Graduation Examination Transition
Beginning in 2016-17, the ISTEP+ Grade 10 English/Language Arts and Mathematics tests replace the End of Course Assessments in Algebra I and English 10 as the graduation examinations. Every Indiana student in the graduating class of 2019 and beyond must demonstrate mastery of the Indiana Academic Standards measured by the ISTEP+ Grade 10 English/Language Arts and Mathematics assessments.
The ISTEP+ Grade 10 English/Language Arts and Mathematics assessments continue to be used for high school accountability in 2016-17.
The purpose of the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress-Plus (ISTEP+) Grade 10 program is to measure student achievement in the subject areas of English/Language Arts, Mathematics and Science. In particular, ISTEP+ reports student achievement levels according to the Indiana Academic Standards that were adopted by the Indiana State Board of Education. The assessments are administered in two parts: Part 1 consists of applied skills (open-ended) items, and Part 2 includes multiple-choice and technology-enhanced items. Both Part 1 and Part 2 are required components of the ISTEP+ program and are used to measure student mastery of the Indiana Academic Standards.
ISTEP+ Grade 10 Results
- Coming Fall 2016
The purpose of the test blueprints, designed with the help of Indiana classroom teachers, is to make transparent to educators the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of students on the assessments.
The blueprints can be used as tools to:
- Align expectations regarding mastery of the standards;
- Identify the degree of emphasis of curricular components;
- Assist and guide in prioritizing curriculum and instructional planning; and
- Enhance classroom assessment.
The Item Samplers on this website provide information about ISTEP+ for students, parents, educators, and others. The items in each sampler are examples of the types of items found on ISTEP+. These examples can serve as models when teachers are constructing items for classroom assessment. It should be noted that the samplers are not practice tests.
Instructional and Assessment Guidance
These documents are designed to assist teachers in planning and prioritizing instructional time in order to focus on college and career readiness and ensure student success.
Released Part 1 Applied Skills (open-ended) Items and Scoring Notes
The documents in the chart below include the open-ended items from ISTEP+ Part 1 (which are no longer considered secure), along with a description of the item types and scoring rules, as well as sample student responses.
- Released Part 1 Applied Skills Items and Scoring Notes Video
- Released Part 1 Applied Skills Items and Scoring Notes PowerPoint
|English/Language Arts||Grade 10|
Grade 10 Online
- Indiana Academic Standards
- Accommodations Resource Guide and Toolkit
- English/Language Arts Grade 10 Editing Checklist
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Math Calculator Policy
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 English/Language Arts Rubric
- ISTEP+ Experience Online
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Cut Scores & Minimum and Maximum Scores
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Guide to Test Interpretation
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Math Graph Paper Guidance
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Math Gridded-Response Information
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Math Reference Sheet
- Math Walking through the Online Equation Builder
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Math Rubric
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Performance Level Descriptors
- Meeting the Assessment Requirement for Graduation/Waiver Process
- Standards and Assessment Vocabulary
- Use of Highlighters
Phone: (317) 232-9050
Toll-free: (888) 544-7837
Fax: (317) 233-2196