Accountability Assessment Transition
Beginning in 2015-16, the Grade 10 ISTEP+ test replaces End of Course Assessments in Algebra I and English 10 as the assessment used for accountability in high school English/Language Arts and Mathematics.
The purpose of the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress Plus (ISTEP+) Grade 10 program is to measure student achievement in the subject areas of English/Language Arts, Mathematics and Science. In particular, ISTEP+ reports student achievement levels according to the Indiana Academic Standards that were adopted by the Indiana State Board of Education. An Applied Skills (open-ended) Assessment (Part 1) and a Multiple-Choice and Technology-Enhanced item Assessment (Part 2), which are required components of the ISTEP+ program, are used to measure these standards.
ISTEP+ Grade 10 Results
- Coming Fall 2016
The purpose of the test blueprints, designed with the help of Indiana classroom teachers, is to make transparent to educators the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of students on the assessments.
The blueprints can be used as tools to:
- Align expectations regarding mastery of the standards;
- Identify the degree of emphasis of curricular components;
- Assist and guide in prioritizing curriculum and instructional planning; and
- Enhance classroom assessment.
The Item Samplers on this website provide information about ISTEP+ for students, parents, educators, and others. The items in each sampler are examples of the types of items found on ISTEP+. These examples can serve as models when teachers are constructing items for classroom assessment. It should be noted that the samplers are not practice tests.
Instructional and Assessment Guidance
The purpose of these documents is to provide educators with instructional and assessment guidance.
- 2014 Indiana Academic Standards
- English/Language Arts Standards
- Mathematics Standards
- Science Standards
- Social Studies Standards
- Accommodations Resource Guide and Toolkit
- English/Language Arts Grade 10 Editing Checklist
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Math Calculator Policy
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 English/Language Arts Rubric
- ISTEP+ Experience Online
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Cut Scores & Minimum and Maximum Scores (Coming Late Fall 2016)
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Guide to Test Interpretation (Coming Late Fall 2016)
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Math Graph Paper Guidance
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Math Reference Sheet
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Math Rubric
- ISTEP+ Grade 10 Performance Level Descriptors (Coming Late Fall 2016)
- Standards and Assessment Vocabulary
- Use of Highlighters
Phone: (317) 232-9050
Toll-free: (888) 544-7837
Fax: (317) 233-2196