The purpose of the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress Plus (ISTEP+) program is to measure student achievement in the subject areas of English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science (Grades 4 and 6), and Social Studies (Grades 5 and 7). In particular, ISTEP+ reports student achievement levels according to the Indiana Academic Standards that were adopted by the Indiana State Board of Education. An Applied Skills open-ended Assessment (Part 1) and a Multiple-Choice and Technology-Enhanced item Assessment (Part 2), which are required components of the ISTEP+ program, are used to measure these standards.
- Spring 2015 ISTEP+ Results
- Click here to view Spring 2014 ISTEP+ Results
- Click to view archived ISTEP+ Results
The purpose of the test blueprints, designed with the help of Indiana classroom teachers, is to make transparent to educators the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of students on the assessments.
The blueprints can be used as tools to:
- Align expectations regarding mastery of the standards;
- Identify the degree of emphasis of curricular components;
- Assist and guide in prioritizing curriculum and instructional planning; and
- Enhance classroom assessment.
|English/Language Arts||Grade 3||Grade 4||Grade 5||Grade 6||Grade 7||Grade 8|
|Mathematics||Grade 3||Grade 4||Grade 5||Grade 6||Grade 7||Grade 8|
|Science||N/A||Grade 4||N/A||Grade 6||N/A||N/A|
|Social Studies||N/A||N/A||Grade 5||N/A||Grade 7||N/A|
The Item Samplers on this website provide information about ISTEP+ for students, parents, educators, and others. The items in each sampler are examples of the types of items found on ISTEP+. These examples can serve as models when teachers are constructing items for classroom assessment. It should be noted that the samplers are not practice tests.
The purpose of these documents is to provide educators with instructional and assessment guidance.
- Accommodations Resource Guide and Toolkit
- Calculator Policy
- English/Language Arts Rubrics for Spring 2016 ISTEP+ Part 1
- English/Language Arts Grades 3-8 Editing Checklists
- ISTEP+ Experience Online
- ISTEP+ Spring 2015 Cut Scores & Minimum and Maximum Scores
- ISTEP+ Guide to Test Interpretation 2015
- Math Graph Paper Guidance
- Math Reference Sheets
- Math Rubric for Spring 2016 ISTEP+ Part 1
- Performance Level Descriptors
- 2014 Indiana Academic Standards
- Standards and Assessment Vocabulary
- Use of Highlighters
Phone: (317) 232-9050
Toll-free: (888) 544-7837
Fax: (317) 233-2196