Course descriptions provide brief descriptions of kindergarten, elementary, middle level and high school curricular areas. These descriptions will assist schools in communicating, in a broad context, the content of programs and courses. Code numbers listed before each program/course title and description are to be used for Indiana Department of Education data reporting.
|High School Courses||Updated||Download|
|Indiana High School Course Titles and Descriptions for 2016-17||09/01/2016|
|Indiana High School Course Titles Summary for 2016-17 (includes information on courses that qualify for dual credit for Honors Diplomas - both AHD and THD - and A-F Accountability)||09/07/2016|
|Elementary/Middle School Subjects||Updated||Download|
|Indiana Elementary/Middle School Subjects and Descriptions for 2016-2017||12/22/2015|
|Indiana Elementary/Middle School Subject Titles Summary 2015-2016||07/20/2016|
Quantitative Reasoning Courses
In November 2011, the State Board of Education approved the inclusion of a "Quantitative Reasoning" requirement to all diploma types, among other changes. A quantitative reasoning course is a high school course that advances a student's ability to apply mathematics in real-world situations and contexts and deepens a student's understanding of high school mathematics standards.
- View a list of the approved Quantitative Reasoning courses.
Nonstandard Course Waiver
The list of courses above have been approved for general use by the State Board of Education. In addition, schools can submit a nonstandard course waiver to offer courses that are not found in the documentation above. Schools must have an approved nonstandard course waiver prior to offering a course or awarding credit for a course that is not in the state approved course titles and descriptions document.
To apply for a nonstandard course waiver, please complete the waiver document below and submit with any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Archived Course Titles and Descriptions
- 2015-16 High School – State Approved Course Titles and Descriptions
- 2014-15 High School - State Approved Course Titles and Descriptions
- 2013-14 High School - State Approved Course Titles and Descriptions
- 2012-13 High School - State Approved Course Titles and Descriptions
- 2011-12 High School - State Approved Course Titles and Descriptions
- 2015-16 Elementary/Middle School Subject Titles and Descriptions
- 2014-15 Elementary/Middle School Subject Titles and Descriptions
- 2013-14 Middle School - State Approved Course Titles and Descriptions
- 2012-13 Middle School - State Approved Course Titles and Descriptions
- 2013-14 Elementary School - State Approved Course Titles and Descriptions
College and Career Readiness