Indiana Choice Scholarships
Indiana is committed to providing all children access to quality educational opportunities, no matter where they live or how much money is in the family bank account. House Enrolled Act 1003 will play a key role in helping the Hoosier state accomplish this goal.
Indiana's new voucher program (authorized under IC 20-51-1 and IC 20-51-4) gives Hoosier families the opportunity to send their children to a school that best meets their learning needs. A voucher, or “Choice Scholarship,” is a state payment that qualifying families can use to offset tuition costs at participating schools. Students qualify based on total household income and the amount of the scholarship corresponds with the public school corporation in which the student lives.
This exciting new program is up and running for the 2011-2012 school year. Schools and parents will work together to submit applications and enroll students. Participating schools and parents should explore the boxes below for more information.
- Estimated Scholarship Amounts
- Household Income Limits
- Income Verification Rules
- Indiana School Scholarship Tax Credit
- Student Eligibility Criteria
- F Schools List
- Choice Scholarship Program Emergency Rule
- Special Education Emergency Rule
- Reporting Requirements and Timeline
- Recognized National and Regional Accreditation Agencies
- Income Verification Visual
- Special Education Services FAQ
- Student Records