Indiana Technology and Engineering Education is committed to preparing students for college and career opportunities by providing the knowledge and problem solving skills to understand, design, produce, use, and manage the human-made world in order to contribute and function in a technological society.
Career and Technical Student Organizations Information
Engineering and Technology Standards
- Indiana College and Career Pathways
- Indiana’s Career Clusters – More Information
- National Career Clusters
Resources for Engineering and Technology
- CTE New Teacher Resources
- Indiana CORE Assessment to add Engineering and Technology to your Teacher License
- Teachers' Toolbox
- The Learning Connection
Engineering and Technology Teacher Recruitment
The Engineering and Technology Teacher Recruitment Taskforce is an Indiana effort to increase the number of students pursuing Engineering and Technology Education as a career choice.
The taskforce is made up of educators, teacher educators at Indiana universities, and chaired by Mary Rinehart.
Goals of the E&T Teacher Recruitment Taskforce:
- Recruit at least 10 ETE teaching candidates each year for each degree granting institution starting with the Fall of 2017.
- Connect with business and industry personnel to fill open positions.
- Promote the Engineering and Technology education brand via the #TeachTechEd marketing campaign.
The taskforce has collaborated to provide educators and students with the following resources for use in their classrooms:
- Teacher Handout – Gives information about how teachers can inspire students to become future Engineering and Technology Teachers
- Student Handout – Gives information about Engineering and Technology Education as both a college major and career choice with information about Indiana Universities
- #TeachTechEd Marketing Campaign – Use the hashtag to promote the unique ways you are celebrating Engineering and Technology education in your school and community
Both handouts are available for you to print and copy at your own convenience. Share in your classroom, at career fairs, and whenever you see the unique opportunity for a student to become an Engineering and Technology Educator.
Stay tuned for additional resources as the taskforce continues to collaborate.
To join the taskforce, please email Mary Rinehart at email@example.com
- ACTE - Association of Career and Technical Educators
- E/TEI - Engineering/Technology Educators of Indiana
- IACTE - Indiana Association for Career and Technical Education
- PLTW National - Project Lead the Way
- Indiana PLTW - Indiana Project Lead the Way
- ITEEA - International Technology and Engineering Educators Association
Engineering and Technology State Program Leader
Phone: (317) 232-0815