You are here
Engineering and Technology
Indiana Technology and Engineering Education is committed to preparing students for college and career opportunities by providing the knowledge and problem solving skills to understand, design, produce, use, and manage the human-made world in order to contribute and function in a technological society.
The Indiana State Board of Education has approved a series of formal course titles and descriptions recognized as Engineering and Technology Education. Course frameworks for each of the courses are listed in their respective Indiana College and Career Pathways.
The Course frameworks specify course standards that include engineering and technology standards and align to other academic areas including all or some of the following: mathematics, literacy, fine art, science, and social studies.
The intent of the course framework is to guide instruction in the classroom so that all Indiana students are afforded an equal depth of knowledge indifferent to the pedagogical approach a teacher or school chooses to present to their students. Curriculum materials should be chosen by the school in an effort to either meet or exceed the minimum standards and satisfies the needs of their school and community environment.
- ACTE - Association of Career and Technical Educators
- E/TEI - Engineering/Technology Educators of Indiana
- IMSTEA - Indiana Math, Science, Technology and Engineering Association
- Indiana PLTW - Indiana Project Lead the Way
- ITEEA - International Technology and Engineering Educators Association
- PLTW National - Project Lead the Way
- TSA - Technology Student Association