Indiana Digital Learning Month
Join Indiana as we celebrate our LOVE for Digital Learning the entire month of February! The following sweet opportunities for connecting, sharing and learning together will warm the hearts of all Indiana educators as we lead up to National Digital Learning Day on March 13th.
- Indiana Digital Learning Month 28-Day Web 2.0 Challenge – Each day in February an educator will blog about how he or she is using a Web 2.0 resource in the classroom or school. Be sure to subscribe to this year’s blog so that you will be notified when each day's post is available and to see last year’s blog.
- Stop, Drop, and Tweet - What are you doing on #DLDay? Whatever it is Stop, Drop, and Tweet a 140 character reflection on your experience with educational technology. Photos encouraged. Use the hashtag #stopdropntweet and involve students or your class when appropriate. Basically, stop, drop, and tweet inspiring “digital learning” moments anytime during Digital Learning Day, Friday, March 13th.
- Pinterest – Pinterest has become a wildly popular tool for collecting and organizing ideas and resources. Follow our Pinnovation Board and each school day between February 20th and March 13th we will highlight a Pinner who is building boards that inspire innovation in the classroom.
- Digital Content Rockstars - Join #INeLearn as we celebrate digital content curators across the state as we continue down the path of digital learning and making a difference for our Indiana students!
- Geekouts - Join these groups of enthusiastic educators coming together to focus on a topic related to Digital Learning. We meet in Google Hangouts on Air (see links below) for discussion followed by a questions and answer session. Panelists will share their experience and insights in weekly Geekouts every Friday leading up Digital Learning Day. Then on Friday, March 13, 2015 we will run a Geekout marathon. Each event is scheduled for 45 minutes of live exchange.
- February 6 at 12 p.m. EST - Introducing Social Media in the Classroom
- February 13 at 10 a.m. EST - Hoosier Student Digital Leaders
- February 20 at 2 p.m. EST - The Makerspace
- February 27 at 11 a.m. EST - Digital Content Curation Rockstars
- March 6 at 11 a.m. EST - Future Ready Districts
- March 13 - A series of 5 Geekouts will take place and this time, students are joining our panelists!