The following are policy decisions from the U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights that outline the educational rights of English learners.
- Federal Requirements for English Learners- IDOE Webinar.pdf
- Identification of Discrimination and Denial of Services on the Basis of National Origin
- Policy Regarding the Treatment of National Origin Minority Students Who Are Limited English Proficient
- Policy Update on Schools' Obligations Toward National Origin Minority Students with Limited English Proficiency
- The Provision of an Equal Education Opportunity to Limited English Proficient Students
- IDOE Memo Foreign Exchange Students.pdf
- IDOE Memo Preschool/Prek and English Learners.pdf