Title III: Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students
The Title III: Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient (LEP) and Immigrant Students of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 aims to help ensure that children who are LEP attain English proficiency, develop high levels of academic attainment in English, and meet the same challenging State academic content and student academic achievement standards as all children are expected to meet.
- View the Enrollment and Identification 101 Webinar for English Learners to understand the identification, assessment, and other procedures when students enroll at your school. There are two webinars: One designed for secretaries upon enrollment and one for the English learner staff that is to assess the student.
- The 2014 DOE-LM Layout with Videos.pdf is used to report the English learners and immigrant students enrolled on Nov. 1, 2013. The window to report these students is Dec. 9, 2013 - January 17, 2014. This updated layout has instructional videos that explain each section in further detail.
2013-14 Title III Funding Allocations
The following charts identify the amount of Title III funds corporations were eligible to receive for the 2013-14 school year.
- 2013 Title III Allocations
- 2013 Significant Immigrant Influx Allocations
- Concurrent Title III Grants
- Supplement Not Supplant Provision Title III ESEA
- Title III Non-regulatory Guidance Part I
- Title III Non-regulatory Guidance Part II Standards, Assessments, and Accountability
Title III Information on the Learning Connection
Information and resources regarding Title III can be found in the IDOE - Title III and NESP (English Learners) community on the Learning Connection. Follow these steps to become a member of the IDOE - Title III and NESP (English Learners) Learning Connection Community:
- Login to Learning Connection
- Click on Find a Community
- Type in IDOE - Title III and NESP (English Learners)
- Click on Join Community