WIDA English Language Development (ELD) Standards Resources and Information
Submitted by nwilliamson on Thu, 12/26/2013 - 3:51pmPosted: Thu, 12/26/2013 - 3:51pm Updated: Fri, 01/10/2014 - 3:56pm
- Read HERE about the adoption of the WIDA English language development (ELD) standards for English learners. Through the implementation of the WIDA standards, Indiana will advance academic language development and academic achievement for linguistically diverse students. The goal of language development standards is to teach social, instructional, and academic language skills to second language learners. The development standards support second language learners so that they may successfully engage with peers, educators, and access fully academic content standards and curriculum. Implementation will begin in the fall of 2014 for the 2014-2015 school year. If you would like to read more about the WIDA standards, please visit www.wida.us
- View more information hereabout the upcoming tentative professsional development plan for WIDA and more resources
- Visit the Download Library to download free resources, including the 2012 ELD standards and the Can Do Descriptors by grade level clusters
- Interested in purchasing any WIDA materials? Visit the WIDA online store to purchase materials. Orders placed by January 31, 2014 can use code INDIANA10 to receive a 10% on purchased materials
- Introduce the WIDA standards to your staff by using the Virginia DOE ELP standards instructional videos located here. These videos demonstrate the language functions repeated throughout the WIDA ELD standards in all subject areas
- Have any exciting WIDA implementation events, photos, or successes to share? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!