Summer School Update
The Office of School Finance has assumed responsibility for administration and oversight of the Summer School program. For the current year, information for the program will be posted on the Department of Education’s website at www.doe.in.gov/grantsmgt/summer-school and the Finance Community of the Learning Connection under Files and Bookmarks > Summer School. Read More.
Summer School is a state-reimbursable program which allows Indiana's school corporations to provide summer academic enrichment courses for students in elementary, middle, and high school. The core curricular programs are the emphasis at both the elementary and middle school levels, whereas the required studies at the high school level should meet the requirements for the Core 40 diploma designation with academic and/or technical honors.
2015 Summer School Important Dates & Deadlines
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015 (Statutory Deadline)
Deadline for submission of:
- Summer school Estimated Instructional Costs Reports
- List of all summer school Courses
- Non-standard course waiver applications
- Friday, May 15, 2015
- The Department of Education will notify school corporations of the expected level of state reimbursement based on the estimated expenditures submitted.
- Tuesday, September 15, 2015 (Statutory Deadline)
- Deadline for submission of the Summer School Final Report form (Online Only).
- November 2015
- Summer school instructional costs reimbursements mailed to school corporations.
Note 1: Summer school instructional costs not reimbursed for private or *turnaround schools.
*Turnaround schools that have contracts which provide for the offering of summer school services may submit for payment through the process outlined in the contract.
Summer School Links:
- 2015 Summer School Estimate MEMO
- 2015 Summer School Reimbursement Estimate List
- 2015 Summer School Packet
- 2015 Summer School Estimated Instructional Costs (Login requires Corp. ID and PIN)
Note 2: Access to electronic form requires a login and password.
Please use your schools corporation number as the login ID and your school districts PIN number
as the password. For assistance, email Hammad Rahman at Rahman@doe.in.gov.
Note 3: Your school corporation must be included on the 2015 Summer School
Reimbursement Estimate List (above) to be eligible for final reimbursement.
Note 4: Print confirmation page and keep for your records.
- 2014-2015 Course Titles and Descriptions
- 2014-2015 Indiana Elementary/Middle School Subject Area Titles Summary 2014-2015
- 2014-2015 Indiana High School Course Titles Summary for 2014-2015 (includes information on courses that qualify for dual credit for Honors Diplomas - both AHD and THD - and A-F Accountability)
Areas to Explore
- Summer School - Indiana Code 20-30-7
- 2014 Summer School Reimbursement Distribution List
- 2013 Summer School Reimbursement Distribution List