Finding and joining a community
- Click Contacts & Communities on the top of your dashboard menu.
- Click on Find A Community
- Type in the name of the community you are looking for. *Please be sure to check the appropriate 'radio' button for either a user or school created community.
- Click Search
- Find your community name and click on 'Join Community' on the right side next to the community name.
- On the pop-up box click 'OK" to confirm you are joining.
- If there is a lock icon next to the community name, this means the community is locked and your request needs to be approved by that community's administrator before you can join
- If no lock icon appears, you are a member of the community immediately.
Communities may be created and maintained with one of two member settings:
*Open to All: An enrollment status for community membership that allows users to join the community without the approval of the community's administrator.
*Approval Required: An enrollment status for the community membership that allows users to request membership, but requires the community's administrator to approve the request before the user can join the community. Community administrators can also invite users to join their communities.
Two quick tips on how to locate IDOE communities (such as the IDOE - Superintendents Mail)
- Under My Communities, click the "Find a Community" link. Type "IDOE" as your search criteria. A list of IDOE sponsored communities will be returned in your search results.
- Prior to logging into Learning Connection, click on the link, "IDOE Communities", also listed on the homepage of Learning Connection. Locate and click on the community you wish to join and then login to LC.