To celebrate Indiana’s 2016 Bicentennial, Superintendent Ritz has issued a Bicentennial Book Challenge. Students from across Indiana are encouraged to work together to read with their classes and help the Department of Education distribute at least 2,000,000 books before December 31, 2016.
There are three easy ways that teachers, families and community organizations can be involved in the challenge:
- Access thousands of free online books using myON’s digital library.
- Register for First Book for access to low cost and free books. In addition to getting free and low-cost books for your school, each time we get 2,000 registrations the Hoosier Family of Readers program will get a truckload of books to distribute!
- Register to become a Hoosier Family of Readers partner.
- Andrew Luck Book Club
- Watch Indianapolis Colts’ Joe Reitz on Reading
- Literacy Resources for Parents
- Download and fill in your Family of Readers
- Reading Rockets