Indiana's Education Roundtable
Co-chaired by the Governor and Superintendent of Public Instruction, Indiana's Education Roundtable serves to improve educational opportunity and achievement for all Hoosier students. Focusing collectively on critical issues in education, this committed group of bipartisan stakeholders includes key leaders from K-12 and higher education, business, industry, labor, parents, community, and the Indiana General Assembly.
The Roundtable is charged with:
- Ensuring the state has world class academic standards for student learning;
- Aligning the state’s ISTEP+ assessments that measure student achievement with those standards;
- Setting the passing scores for ISTEP+; and
- Making ongoing recommendations focused on improving student achievement to the Governor, Superintendent of Public Instruction, General Assembly, Indiana State Board of Education, and others.
Through its mission to advance education policies that result in a world-class workforce, the Roundtable continues to make significant progress for Indiana education. Additionally, the Roundtable has been recognized nationally as a model for other states.
About the Roundtable
Actions of the Roundtable
- Upcoming Meeting Agenda Items
- Archived Minutes
Reports and Action Plans
- Indiana: World-Class Workforce Research
- P-16 Education Plan
- New Strategies and New Institutions to Strengthen Technical Education