Beginning with the 2010-11 academic year, the State Board of Education changed the labels for school categories based on student performance from the terms Exemplary, Commendable, Academic Progress, Academic Watch and Academic Probation to easy-to-understand letter grades (A, B, C, D and F).
The new A-F labels improve transparency by allowing parents and community members to better recognize how well Indiana schools are performing and leading students to achieve positive academic outcomes.
Starting with the 2011-12 academic year, the State Board of Education adopted the use of a new methodology for determining a school or corporation's grade, A-F.
Indiana's new A-F model holds schools and corporations to higher standards and provides a more accurate picture of their performance by incorporating student academic growth and graduation rates, as well as college and career readiness, as measures of success.
- A-F: Overview
- A-F: Presentation
- A-F: Sample Elementary and Middle School Report Card
- A-F: Sample High School Report Card
2012 A-F Results
- 2012 A-F School Grade Results
- 2012 A-F Statewide Totals - Percentages and Total Schools
- 2012 A-F Detailed Results
- 2012 A-F Detailed Results Guidance Document
2012-2013 A-F Workbooks
- Combined School - Basic
- Combined School - Student Level
- Elementary/Middle School - Basic
- Elementary/Middle School - Student Level
- High School - Basic
- High School - Student Level
Additional A- F Documentation
- A-F Basic Summary
- A-F Elementary & Middle School Model WebEx PowerPoint - 7/3/2012
- A-F High School Model WebEx PowerPoint - 7/9/2012
- Approved Dual Credit Course List for 2011 and 2012 Graduates
- Approved Dual Credit Course List for 2012-2013
- Approved Industry Certification Exams for 2011-2013 Graduates
- Frequently Asked Questions about the A-F Model
- Memo on A-F Calculations Workbook
- A-F Approximate Grade Calculation Workbook (2011-12 Version)
- Updates to High School A-F Model – Bonus Targets and Weights
Public Law 221 Appeals
Public Law 221
Public Law 221 (P.L. 221) is the state law by which Indiana's accountablility model is authorized. Beginning with the 2011-12 school year, Indiana replaced the existing P.L. 221 metrics with the new A-F accountability model in order to determine a school or school corporation's P.L. 221 status. Please click HERE for past P.L. 221 results or more information on P.L. 221.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.