The Government Affairs Team advocates on behalf of the legislative and policy positions of the Superintendent and the Department of Education. The team also partners with local school districts, superintendents, principals, and advocates on their behalf. The team converses with Senators and Representatives, testifies in committee hearings and other legislative venues, and communicates with school and community leaders across the state as representatives of the Superintendent and the Department.
2017 IDOE Legislative Guidance
At the conclusion of the 2017 legislative session the Department will develop guidance for schools on a variety of subjects that became law. Please sign up for Dr. McCormick’s weekly updates for important information. Additionally, we will be posting guidance on our web site incrementally.
Current Federal Issues
- Link to the Indiana General Assembly website (link is external)
- How a Bill becomes a law in Indiana (link is external)
- To find your Legislator’s contact information click here (link is external)
- Link to the Senate Education Committee (link is external)
- Link to the House Education Committee (link is external)
- Link to 2016 Interim Study Committee Schedules (link is external)
For more information please contact Michael Brown, Legislative Affairs Director, at email@example.com.