Office of Legal Affairs
Posted: Fri, 07/29/2011 - 8:58am Updated: Mon, 12/01/2014 - 12:32pm
Welcome to the Indiana Department of Education Office of Legal Affairs' website. This is your one stop for legal research in education-related matters. Please use the pages listed below to navigate our site.
Important letter from Superintendent Ritz and Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller regarding Indiana's Teacher Protection Act
- Forms – Where teachers, parents/guardians, and administrators can go to find various forms used in the educational process.
- Hearings – Many decisions held by the department are housed in a searchable database. They are indexed for ease in research by areas of interest.
- Indiana Department of Education Rulemaking Docket
- References – Various legal references that may be useful when examining legal issues presented to schools, school corporations, teachers, and parents/guardians. Administrative and judicial decisions affecting publicly-funded education in Indiana are included, with analysis of IDOE's attorneys.
- Special Education Due Process - Sometimes parent(s) and school personnel are not able to resolve their disagreement informally by talking about it or having another case conference committee meeting and must use one or more of the procedural safeguards. Those three (3) options are Complaints, Mediations, and Hearings.
Notice of Public Hearings
Please visit the Records Request page if you need to make a request.