Posted: Fri, 09/23/2011 - 3:38pm Updated: Tue, 01/06/2015 - 2:54pm

The name that appears on an Educator license must be the individual's legal name.  If your legal name changes, you must submit the following materials to the Office of Educator Licensing and Development for the Educator License to be valid. (THERE IS NO FEE FOR A NAME CHANGE.)

  • Complete a profile, name change request through our online Licensing Verification and Information System, LVIS. Click HERE to access LVIS information.
  • Provide documentation of the change in name, this may be a copy of a marriage certificate, recently issued driver’s license or passport.

NOTE: Only one Affidavit for Name Change is required for changing your name if you hold more than one license.