This page serves as a source of information for anyone seeking to become a Licensed Indiana Teacher. Please follow the links below to learn more about the process of becoming an Indiana educator.
- Accreditation and Program Review Reports and Resources
- Alternative Teacher Preparation Routes
- Approved Master of Arts in Teaching Programs
- Approved Online Programs
- Approved Teacher Preparation Programs
- Approved Transition to Teaching Programs
- Current Educator Standards
- Federal Reporting for Teacher Preparation Programs
- Rules for Educator Preparation and Accountability (REPA)
- Educator Testing
Indiana is transitioning away from Praxis I to a new basic skills assessment - called CASA - during the summer of 2013. Passage of the basic skills assessment (math, reading and writing) is required for candidates seeking admission to Indiana teacher preparation programs. Registration may be completed now at www.in.nesinc.com, but CASA test administration will not begin until July 1. During July and August, candidates may choose to take either the Praxis I basic skills tests or the CASA tests, but Praxis I will no longer be available after August 31, 2013. Candidates who do not pass all three sections of Praxis I by August 31 need register only for the portion of the CASA they still need to pass. There is a free CASA study guide available on the website (under preparation materials). Click here for the website. Fee-based practice tests will be available by June 1 for individual subtests or a practice test for all 3 subtests combined.