How to Add a Content Area to an Existing License
If you apply for an additional content area and you want to renew your license at the same time, you may do so if the expiration date of your license is within 90 days. Since both actions will be completed by our office at the same time, you need only submit one $35 fee.
1. Complete a profile, application and pay for the application through our online system, LVIS. Click HERE to access LVIS information. Also, please select one of the following options:
- Submit all materials to the licensing advisor at the Indiana institution where you completed the approved program for the subject area(s) to be added.
- Submit all materials and official transcripts of the accredited out-of-state program to the Office of Educator Licensing and Development.
The following content areas are not available to add via Praxis 2 test. They must be accompanied with the completion of an approved/accreditated program.
- Elementary Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Fine Arts content areas (i.e. Music, Art, Theatre Arts, etc)
- Mild Interventions, Intense Interventions, Blind/Low Vision, Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- English as a New Language
After May 31, 2014
The new developmental/pedagogy assessments will be required for all applicants beginning Monday, February 10, 2014. Candidates will be able to register for the pedagogy exams beginning December 4, 2013 on the Indiana CORE Assessments program website. www.in.nesinc.com/Home.aspx.
11/5/13--General Program Information about the Indiana CORE Assessments for educator licensure can be found in this FAQ document. IN_FAQ_Nov 13_
Before May 31, 2014
The 0300 Reading Specialist test cannot be used for adding Reading to your license. Test 0300 is only available in conjunction with the Early Childhood test 0022/5022 for candidates for early childhood (P-3) licensure. To add the content area of Reading to an existing license, the Praxis II test is 0204/5204 Teaching Reading.
For a listing of areas you can currently add to your license by passing the Praxis II test, please review ETS' website for Indiana Approved Tests by clicking here.
*For the area of Family and Consumer Sciences, you may add this by testing but you must also provide 4,000 hours of documented work experience in this area.
1. Complete a profile and an application and pay for the application through our online system, LVIS. Click HERE to access LVIS information. Use one of the following options to upload to your application in LVIS:
- A copy of your electronic score report sent to you by ETS/Pearson. Our office will verify the scores. Make sure you have requested scores to be sent to our office at the time you register to take the test. Scores that cannot be verified will not be processed.
- Official Examinee Score Report mailed to you by ETS/Pearson. It must be the official report; it cannot be a copy. Click HERE to view approved licensing tests on the ETS/Pearson website.