You are here

Indiana Mentor and Assessment Program (IMAP)

Posted: Fri, 09/23/2011 - 9:38am Updated: Fri, 11/06/2015 - 9:55am
Enrollment for 2015-2016 IMAP is now closed. The last day to enroll was October 30th, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. EDT.

What is the Indiana Mentoring and Assessment Program/Residency (IMAP)*?

After receiving an Initial Practitioner License, beginning teachers, administrators and school service personnel may participate in a two-year period of mentorship. The culmination of this mentorship period is the completion of a specific assessment piece.

Year Two Teachers and School Service Personnel will complete the assessment piece with their Building Level Administrator, Principal, Supervisor or Director.

Year Two Administrators will complete the online self-assessment through Moodle and submit the Individual Development Plan Summary form.

Once these requirements have been met, Year Two IMAP candidates will be eligible for their five year Practitioner license.

Please Note: REPA 3 allows for an option to convert an Initial Practitioner License to a Practitioner License under 511 IAC 14-2-3.  Completion of IMAP OR submission of a Professional Growth Plan of 40 PGPs including a letter verifying two years’ experience are both means for conversion.

Who Can Participate in IMAP?

Teachers, administrators and school service personnel who hold an Indiana Initial Practitioner license may participate in IMAP to move up to the five-year Practitioner license. More specifically, the following individuals may participate:

  • Individuals employed on a contract for 120 days or more at an Indiana public school or an accredited non-public school in a subject area covered by his or her license;
  • Individuals who hold an Indiana Standard License or Reciprocal License issued before July 1, 2006, with an internship requirement and have not completed the internship requirement; and
  • Individuals without two years of experience as licensed teachers in out-of-state accredited schools.

Please click HERE to learn more about how a Year Two IMAP candidate obtains a Proficient Practitioner license (Conversion).

Teachers and School Services Personnel will submit their IMAP completion letter from their Building Level Administrator/Principal/Supervisor/Director when they apply for their license conversion.

Applicants need to complete both a profile and an application and pay for the application through our online Licensing Verification and Information System (LVIS).

Administrators will submit a copy of their ISLSA results, the Individual Development Plan Summary, complete a profile and an application, and pay for the application through LVIS.

* Please be advised that your administrator must e-mail the completed IMAP approval form before you submit your materials to IDOE.

IMAP Information Links

School IMAP Approval Form ***

1st Year IMAP Teachers, Administrators and School Service Personnel (school counselors, school nurses, school social workers, school psychologists)

2nd Year IMAP Teachers, Administrators and School Service Personnel (school counselors, school nurses, school social workers, school psychologists)

IMAP Responsibilities of Building Level Administrators, Principals, Directors and Supervisors

Information about IMAP

If you started IMAP at a different school, you may continue in IMAP. Enroll in IMAP as a Year Two candidate and complete your IMAP requirements. You will be eligible for your five-year Practitioner license at the end of the school year.

The Initial Practitioner license, valid for two (2) years, may be renewed for another two years. You may renew two times before any additional coursework is required. Your internship will begin once you are hired and working. You can simply renew your Initial Practitioner license by completing a profile and an application and paying for the application through LVIS. Please click HERE for more information on license renewal.

If you have a school services personnel license issued under Rules 46-47, you are NOT required to complete an internship. If you have been issued a Rules 2002 or REPA two-year Initial Practitioner's license for school services personnel, you  may complete IMAP.

If you have any questions, please contact