School Services Licensure - School Nurse
NOTE: To be considered for an evaluation, you must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree for school services and administrative licensure) from an institution regionally accredited to offer degrees in education OR be a graduate of a regionally accredited institution and meet the education requirements for your state. Coursework in School Service Standards will also be required. Meeting minimum requirements for evaluation does NOT guarantee issuance of an Indiana instructional, administrative or school services license.
How to Apply for an Original School Nurse License
- Complete a profile, application and pay for the application through our online Licensing Verification and Information System, LVIS.
- A copy of your valid Indiana Professional Licensing Agency License.
- A copy of your CPR/Heimlich maneuver certification - click HERE for more information and a list of approved providers.
- After July 1, 2013-- Suicide Prevention Training Certificate. Click here for a link to resources.
- Official transcripts that bear the sign and/or seal of the registrar, the degree and date conferred. Provide transcripts for ALL completed coursework at ALL institutions attended. Transcripts must be included with evaluation materials. Do NOT order transcripts to be sent directly to the Office of Educator Licensing and Development.
How to Renew a School Nurse License
1. Complete a profile, application and pay for the application through LVIS.
2. You must also submit additional materials which best fit your situation. Please select one (1) of the following:
- Indiana Professional Licening Agency license - a copy of your IPLA license
- Six (6) semester hours completed at an accredited Indiana institution – The six (6) semester hours must have been completed after the issue date of the license you are renewing.
- Six (6) semester hours completed at an accredited Out-of-State institution - Submit all materials and official transcripts directly to the address below.The six (6) semester hours must have been completed after the issue date of the license you are renewing.
- Professional Growth Plan (PGP) – Click HERE for more information on the PGP.