The Indiana Department of Education is once again excited to announce a second cycle of a teacher leader grant for educators interested in pursuing National Board Certification.
This grant is intended to assist Indiana educators who are interested in becoming National Board Certified, are in the process of seeking certification or who are current NBCTs that wish to serve as a mentor for an educator seeking certification.
Benefits of taking part in this grant opportunity include:
- Assisting teachers in realizing their potential in the classroom and school wide.
- Professionalizing teachers within the district who are primed for leadership.
- Distinguishing teachers within the district who have met the highest standards as accomplished and effective.
- Creating strong, professional school communities where teacher leadership, learning and collaboration are strongholds.
- Elevating the number of NBCTs within districts, thus increasing the overall number statewide.
- Joining a network of teachers, along with current initiatives within the state, to increase Indiana’s numbers of NBCTs.
- National Board Certified Teachers Grant Memo
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Educators interested in applying for this grant, can find the application here
- Teacher Candidate
- NBCT Mentor
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org