CACFP - The CACFP Program Contact
“Institution” means sponsoring organizations, childcare center, outside-school-hours care center or adult day care center having a contract with the Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) to participate in the CACFP. It also includes emergency and homeless shelters and “at-risk” after school care programs.
During the application process, all institutions must designate an individual in their organization as the program contact. The program contact is responsible for the successful day-to-day operation of the CACFP in the organization; therefore, this person should be selected carefully. The program contact must be:
- A legal employee of the organization.
- Responsible for the management and daily operation of the CACFP in the organization.
- The point of contact for the Indiana Department of Education for all areas of management of the program.
- In attendance at all Indiana Department of Education mandatory training sessions.
- Sufficiently trained and possess the program knowledge to ensure success of the program to the institution.
- Available to provide any information needed during a review conducted by the Indiana Department of Education, the USDA Midwest Regional Office, or the USDA.
Institutions are responsible for ensuring their program contact has received the training necessary to manage the program effectively and to operate the program in compliance with federal regulations and IDOE policies. Sponsors must also ensure that they have a currently trained and knowledgeable program contact in their organization at all times.
If the designated program contact terminates employment or is no longer responsible for the management of the program, the institution must designate a new program contact for the operation of the CACFP. The institution should change the SCNweb sponsor information form as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after the change. The new program contact should register and attend a CACFP record keeping workshop.
Finally, CACFP Federal regulations at §226.15(c) require, “Each institution shall accept final administrative and financial responsibility for Program operations. No institution may contract out for management of the Program.”