Posted: Mon, 09/19/2011 - 9:53am Updated: Mon, 12/05/2016 - 2:30pm


The Food Distribution Program (FDP) is one of the Child Nutrition Programs administered by the Indiana Department of Education (IDOE). Through this program, eligible institutions are able to receive food made available by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Currently, those institutions eligible to receive this food include schools and other sponsors of the National School Lunch Program as well as some sponsors of the Summer Food Service Program for Children.

The food is distributed to eligible institutions through a network of warehouses throughout the state. There is a nominal cost per case to support the intra-state costs of storage, handling and delivery. Some recipients increase their utilization of this program by diverting raw products directly from USDA to authorized processors of final products.

Below, please find a variety of resources from both the USDA and the IDOE as well as links to two common sources of processor information.

USDA Resources

State Resources

Processor Resources

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)  mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)  fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.