The Indiana Department of Education received USDA's 2011 Team Nutrition Training Grant (a two-year grant) to create and implement an award program that will encourage and recognize Indiana Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) facilities for adapting menus and policies that align with the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Facilities participating in the CACFP may apply for one of three award levels. Use the application materials and resources below to learn more about the award and how to apply. To view our recorded online training that walks you through the award program, click HERE
- To improve children's diets and bring program meals in line with USDA nutritional guidelines;
- To promote your facility to parents by demonstrating that you care about children's health;
- To be recognized by receiving:
- A certificate of achievement;
- A parent letter to share your success with parents of the children in your care;
- A press release template to assist you in promoting your award to your local media; and
- Signage to display your achievement at your facility.
- Award Program Recorded Training
- Menu Cost Comparisons
- CACFP Parent Education Packet
- Sample Menus With Recipes
- Wellness Plans/Policies
- Whole Grain Factsheet
For questions regarding the CACFP Award Program, contact Heather Stinson at (317) 232-0869 or email@example.com.