School Nutrition Program Trainings
Submitted by dgilroy on Thu, 05/01/2014 - 1:54pmPosted: Thu, 05/01/2014 - 1:54pm Updated: Tue, 09/16/2014 - 3:56pm
- Indiana School Nutrition Association's Annual State Conference
- Smarter Lunchrooms by Cornell University
- DOD Fresh and Farm to School
- Let’s Move Salad Bars to the Midwest
- New Meal Pattern and Smart Snack Regulations by Samia Hamdan, USDA Midwest Senior Nutritionist
- School Wellness Policies (Best Practices)
- Chef Cyndie Story "Train-the-Trainer" Workshop for Food Service Cooks
- On October 7 and 8, Chef Cyndie will be at Warren Central High School (Indianapolis) to conduct a hands-on train-the-trainer workshop for food service cooks in Hamilton, Hancock, Henry, Madison, Marion, Rush and Shelby Counties.
- The training will provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to fully utilize local Indiana produce, including knife skills, culinary techniques for fresh produce fabrication, using herbs and spices to enhance menu flavor and appeal, and operating small equipment to reduce labor.