- About Team Nutrition
- Join Team Nutrition
- Search Enrolled Schools
- Hoosier Champions: School Nutrition and Activity Success Stories
This publication showcases best practices from schools that implemented GameOn! The Ultimate Wellness Challenge. This new resource highlights fun and engaging nutrition and physical activities conducted in forty Indiana schools with funding from a 2009 USDA Team Nutrition Grant. Game On! is a program that challenges schools to incorporate healthy food choices and physical activity into the daily lives of their students. Hoosier Champions is divided into sections representing different activities or events (Food Tasting, Nutrition Education, School Year Kick Off, Outdoor Physical Activity/Fitness, Family Events, School Clubs, Community Events, Before School Events, Outdoor Physical Activity/Fitness and Engaging Celebrities/Professional Sports Teams).
2014 Team Nutrition Sub-Grantees
- Training Materials
HealthierUS School Challenge (HUSSC)
The HealthierUS School Challenge is a voluntary initiative established in 2004 to recognize schools participating in the National School Lunch Program that have created healthier school environments through promotion of nutrition and physical activity. USDA Helps Schools Make Lunchrooms "Smarter". Take the HealthierUS School Challenge using the 2014 Criteria and Guidance.
Click HERE to View Indiana's HealthierUS School Challenge Video Series!
Use the following resources in applying for the HUSSC-S.L.
- Training resources to assist school districts in pursuing the USDA Healthier US School Challenge: Smarter Lunchrooms (HUSSC-SL)
- Tips from Award Winners
- Nutrition Education
- More HUSSC-SL Resources
Engaging Students in HUSSC-SL: Success Stories
- Columbia Falls High School
- Hardin High School
- Park High School
- Skyview High School
- Troy Middle and High School
Additional Information and Resources
- Indiana Team Nutrition Resources
- Fact Sheets regarding the CDC's Nutrition Standards for Foods in Schools:
- For Parents, Guardians, Teachers, and School Staff
- For School Boards, School Districts, and Other School Administrators
- For School Nutrition Service Personnel
- For Students
- Farm to School Program
- Feeding Children with Special Dietary Needs
- Managing Food Allergies Power Point, July 2014
- Free NFSMI Training on food Allergies
- Staff Training: Food Allergies & Anaphylaxis in School, What School Staff Need to Know-Brochure
- Resources on Managing Food Allergies: From 2014 SNA ANC Pre-Conference
- Outline for Feeding Students with Special Dietary Needs (Sept 2012)
One of the Indiana Team Nutrition's goals is to promote nutrition curriculum and education in schools. We have compiled a list of free resources that can be accessed by clicking on the apple to the left.
Eat Smart. Play Hard. offers resources and tools to convey and reinforce healthy eating and lifestyle behaviors that are consistent with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Click on the following links for resources http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/eatsmartminiposter.pdf and http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/EatSmartPlayHard.pdf.