Defuse and Manage Problem Students and Confrontational Parents: School and Police Tactics That Work
The Lake County and Porter County School Safety Commissions along with the Indiana School Safety Specialist Academy
Dr. John More, President and CEO of Response Law, Inc.
Dr. More is a former litigation attorney who has been training school and police personnel nationwide since 1997. Dr. More has been appointed as the exclusive legal consultant and trainer for the New Jersey Association of School Resource Officers, and is the legal instructor for the Virginia Center for School Safety, where he provides training statewide for all school administrators, SRO’s, and school security personnel in all aspects of school safety, discipline, and law enforcement strategies.
Topics to be Covered Include:
- Telephone Tactics - how to gain information and cooperation from parents, students, and suspects while reducing legal exposure
- Face to Face Control and Discipline Approaches - how to gain quick and quiet advantage over the challenging and disruptive student in the classroom, hallway, and at school events.
- Protecting Your Students and Staff - critical strategies to reduce the risk of danger by distracting and controlling unauthorized visitors, violent intruders, and disruptive parents
- Negotiation Playbook - how to obtain student, suspect, and parent cooperation by utilizing techniques to control content and length of meetings for school and police conferences, IEP meetings, and expulsion and criminal hearings.
- Not My Child’s Fault - formats to emphasize the help the student in entitled to, countering the parent’s natural defense mechanism
There is no cost for this training. Professional Growth Points, CEU’s and Law Enforcement hours will be available.
Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Merrillville High School
276 East 68th Place
Merrillville, IN 46410
***Please park in the staff parking lot behind the school and enter through doors I and J
School administrators, school staff, school resource officers, law enforcement
Registration begins at 8:15 a.m. (Central Standard Time)
Training hours will be 8:30-3:00, with a one hour break for lunch
Lunch will not be provided.
Click here if you have problems with this form.