The Indiana Department of Education is committed to creating equitable and high quality opportunities for all Indiana students by providing levels of support and intervention to Indiana schools. School Improvement will accomplish this mission of support through the use of Regional Coordinators while collaborating with the nine educational service centers throughout Indiana. The Assistant Superintendent and Director of Outreach have intentionally created at team with a diverse educational background and depth of experience along with highly developed interpersonal skills. Their background of experience and skills will enable them to provide levels of support for all Indiana Schools: Reward, Focus, and Priority. The Outreach Team’s mission is to be supportive, responsive, and proactive.
The Outreach Team will provide support and resources that align with the US Department of Education’s Turnaround Principles, which includes, but not limited to:
- Studying school data and School Improvement Plans and assist with improving schools by building on each school’s strengths.
- Ensuring the implementation of educator and administrator evaluation plans
- Providing assistance to schools based on the priority of needs identified in the School Improvement Model.
- Monitoring progress of Focus and Priority Schools.
- Building partnerships with community organizations to connect schools with appropriate services.
- Connecting schools to network for best practices that support the turnaround principles.
By providing schools a prescriptive and proactive approach of supports and interventions, it is the IDOE’s goal to improve services to schools and ultimately improve student academic growth and achievement.