Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 03/02/2012 - 12:59pmPosted: Fri, 03/02/2012 - 12:59pm Updated: Thu, 10/31/2013 - 9:45am
School corporations are required to submit the following documents:
- Report of Expenditures (Part B and Preschool)
- General Ledger Detail (Part B and Preschool)
- Report of Expenditures compared to Prior Year
- Calculation for Maintenance of Effort Requirement
- Narrative Describing the Expenditures Cycle
- Calculation for the Provision of Equitable Services to Children with Disabilities in Nonpublic Schools
- Evidence that “Split-Funded” Personnel Maintain Program Activity Reports
- Inventory Listing Containing Required EDGAR Components
- Documentation: Final Reports, General Ledger, Time and Effort Reports
- Participants Chosen: August
- Vendor Contacts LEAs: Fall
- Findings of Noncompliance: Issued the following Spring
- Follow-up: Described in findings report if required
Information and Guidance
- Each LEA is on a yearly rotation for monitoring LRE, Fiscal Audits, and Procedural Audits. The rotation list is available on the Monitoring page.
- Federal regulations require each employee funded under a federal grant to have documentation of Time and Effort Reporting.
- Document and Task List for the Fiscal Audit
- How the LEA Audits affect Local Determinations: Description of points included in the calculation of an LEA's Local Determination based on findings issued as a result of the Fiscal Audit, LRE Desk Audit, or Procedural Audit.
- Proposed Rule IC 20-43-7-9 (HEA 1341) outlines the expenditure of State Special Education funds on services to nonpublic school students with disabilities. The following forms must be submitted to the IDOE when an LEA is selected for participation in a Fiscal Audit:
- Printout from DOE-SE (Special Education) report showing number of claimed nonpublic school students for the LEA.
- Narrative explaining how Additional Pupil Count (APC) was calculated as well as the APC calculation.
- Worksheet showing the amount of money generated by students enrolled in nonpublic institutions.
- Time and Effort Logs (PARs or Semi-Annual Certification) for all LEA staff members serving students enrolled in nonpublic schools