You are here
Indicator 1 - Graduation
Indicator 1 is a Performance Indicator.
Percent of youth with Individual Education Programs (IEPs) graduating from high school with a regular diploma. (20 U.S.C. 1416 (a)(3)(A))
States must report using the graduation rate calculation and timeline established by the Department under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA).
Percentage = [# Graduates (ages 17-22) ÷ (# Graduates + # Certificates + # Drop-outs (ages 16-22) + # Maximum Age)] x 100
- Data: Collected through the DOE-TR (Transition) report at the end of the school year, completed June 30. Data is submitted to the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) via 618 Table 4 in November.
- Findings of Noncompliance: Not issued for this Indicator.
Information and Guidance
- Indicator 1 in the APR (Part B Annual Performance Report): Details about Indiana's statewide results
- Information on Indiana's overall Graduation Rate is available through the Office of Accountability.
- School and Corporation Graduation rate data reports are also available through the IDOE Office of Data Collection.
Indiana Resource Network
The following Resource Centers provide assistance and information with areas that affect Indicator 1: