Indicator 2 is a Performance Indicator.
Percent of youth with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) dropping out of high school. (20 U.S.C. 1416 (a)(3)(A))
States must report using the dropout data used in the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) graduation rate calculation and follow the timeline established by the Department under the ESEA.
Percentage = [ # Drop-outs (ages 16-22) ÷ (# Graduates + # Certificates + # Drop-outs (ages 16-22) + # Maximum Age)] x 100
- Data: Collected through the DOE-TR (Transition) report at the end of the school year, completed June 30. Data is submitted to the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) via 618 Table 4 in November.
- Findings of Noncompliance: Not issued for this Indicator.
Information and Guidance
- DOE-TR Report layout and instructions: This is located on the Learning Connection in the "IDOE - Data Collection" Community, under the "Files and Bookmarks" tab, in the "Transition" folder.
- Indicator 2 in the APR (Part B Annual Performance Report): Details about Indiana's statewide results
- School and Corporation Dropout rate data reports are available through the IDOE Data Collection.
Indiana Resource Network
The following Resource Centers provide assistance and information with areas that affect Indicator 2: