Posted: Thu, 09/29/2011 - 8:35am Updated: Fri, 03/04/2016 - 11:10am
- Indiana Resource Center for families with Special Needs (INSOURCE)
A statewide organization that provides parents, families, and service providers with information and training to assure effective educational programs and appropriate services for children and young adults with disabilities.
- About Special Kids (ASK) (formerly IPIN)
An organization where parents, professionals, and volunteers work together to support children with special needs by providing information, peer support, and education.
- ASK Resource Directory
- Indiana Parent Information and Resource Center
- Indiana Resource Center for Autism offers a Roadmap to Services brochure
Early Childhood Resources
- Indiana Department of Education Early Learning
- First Steps
Indiana's Early Intervention System for Infants and Toddlers and their families (Birth to Three).
English Language Learners
- Indiana Department of Education Office of English Learning and Migrant Education
- Legal guidance in regards to English Language Learners
- English Language Learners and evaluation for Special Education
Other State Resources
- Blumberg Center for Interdisciplinary Studies in Special Education
- Indiana Institute on Disability and Community
University Affiliated Program. Indiana University Center for Excellence on Disabilities.
- Promoting Achievement through Technology and INstruction for all Students (PATINS)
An assistive technology systems change initiative, the project builds organizational capacity of public schools and professional capacity of school staff in delivery of assistive technology services.
- Protection and Advocacy
Assists citizens of Indiana who have a disability and are either being denied a right or are being discriminated against because of that disability.
- Very Special Arts Indiana
A non-profit organization providing art opportunities for children and adults with disabilities.
- U.S. Department of Education
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
- Office for Civil Rights
- U.S. Department of Justice
- Educational Resources Information Center
- National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities (NICHCY)
The Families and Advocates Partnership for Education (FAPE), representing families and advocacy - links families, advocates, and self-advocates to communicate the new focus of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). The project represents the needs of six million children with disabilities.
- The Policymaker Partnership for Implementing IDEA
The Policymaker Partnership at the National Association of State Directors of Special Education is education's policy connection to the 1997 amendments of the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act.