October is National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month
IDOE Response to P.L. 285-2013
To report bullying, contact your local school corporation.
During the 2013 legislative session, the General Assembly passed HEA 1423, and the Governor signed P.L. 285-2013 into law. The law requires a response from the Department of Education, in collaboration with school safety specialists and school counselors. The information and resources included on this page meet the requirements of this legislation.
- Investigation and In-School Reporting Protocols
- Follow-up Services
- State Reporting Guidelines
- Training Employees
- Prevention Instruction for Students
- Legal Considerations
- US DOE Dear Colleague Letter and Bullying Enclosure
- Bullying Data Report 2015 - Updated October 26, 2015