You are here
"School Nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well-being, academic success, and lifelong achievement and health of students. To that end, school nurses facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self-management, self-advocacy, and learning." -- "Scope and Standards of Practice, School Nursing," ANA, NASN
The resources listed below include laws, rules and regulations for student health.
To access these laws and rules, use the codes listed below and enter the code into the boxes on the Indiana General Assembly Website. Please see the “Guidance Instructions for Locating Indiana Laws” document if you need assistance navigating the Indiana General Assembly website and accessing the laws.
- Guidance Instructions for Locating Indiana Laws
- Care of Students with Diabetes, IC 20-34-5
- Health and Safety Measures, IC 20-34-3
- Health Care Immunity, IC 34-30-14
- Indiana Nurse Practice Act
- Mandatory Curriculum, IC 20-30-5
- Medication, IC 20-33-8-13
- Possession and Self-Administration of Medication Permitted, IC 34-30-13-13
- Release of Medication, IC 20-34-3-18
- Student Services Rule