Indiana University High School has announced that IUHS students now have the option of earning an Academic Honors Diploma.
To earn the honors diploma, students must
- complete a minimum of 47 credits.
- have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- earn a “C” or above in courses that count toward the diploma.
Students must also earn the required number of credits in the following academic areas:
6 to 8 credits
8 to 10 credits
In addition to the basic requirements listed above, students must complete one of the following:
- two advanced placement (AP) courses and corresponding AP exams
- academic, transferable, dual-credit courses resulting in 6 college credits
- one AP course and corresponding AP exam and academic, transferable, dual-credit course(s) resulting in 3 college credits
- a combined SAT math and critical reading score of 1200
- a composite score of 26 on the ACT
The IUHS Academic Honors Diploma is based on the new state requirements for honors diplomas.
Indiana University High School is a distance education diploma program for students needing an alternative way to earn their high school diploma. It is accredited by the North Central Association.