IUHS announces new Academic Honors Diploma
Indiana University High School has announced that IUHS students now have the option of earning an Academic Honors Diploma.
To earn the honors diploma, students must
- complete a minimum of 47 credits.
- have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- earn a “C” or above in courses that count toward the diploma.
Students must also earn the required number of credits in the following academic areas:
6 to 8 credits
8 to 10 credits
In addition to the basic requirements listed above, students must complete one of the following:
- two advanced placement (AP) courses and corresponding AP exams
- academic, transferable, dual-credit courses resulting in 6 college credits
- one AP course and corresponding AP exam and academic, transferable, dual-credit course(s) resulting in 3 college credits
- a combined SAT math and critical reading score of 1200
- a composite score of 26 on the ACT
The IUHS Academic Honors Diploma is based on the new state requirements for honors diplomas.
Indiana University High School is a distance education diploma program for students needing an alternative way to earn their high school diploma. It is accredited by the North Central Association.