Building Level Administrator License
Obtain a Building Level Administrator License (In-State Applicants)
To obtain a Building Level Administrator license an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Proficient Practitioner or Accomplished Practitioner license.
- Pass the School Leaders Licensure Assessment test. Go to www.ets.org for more information.
- Complete an approved program in Building Level Administration. Click HERE for approved programs.
- Earn a Master's degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Complete the required CPR/AED/Heimlich training
Applicants that have completed a Building Level Administrator Program at an Indiana college or university may apply online through the License Verification and Information System (LVIS) link below.
- Complete a profile, application and pay for the application through our online system, LVIS.
- Attach a copy of your Indiana Educator license being renewed or a copy of your license information from the Indiana Educator License Lookup.
- Send Official transcripts that bear the sign and/or seal of the registrar, the degree and date conferred to the Office of Educator Licensing and Development at South Tower, Suite 600, 115 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
Obtain a Building Level Administrator License (Out-of-State Applicants)
Click HERE if you are an applicant that has completed a Building Level Administrator Program at an Out-of-State Institution or if you hold an Out-of-State Building Level Administrator License. You will be routed to information about obtaining an Indiana Building Level Administrator License.